Cost: $10 at the door
Date: July 10, 2013
Time: 8:30am - 12:00pm (light breakfast will be served)
Location: Drexel University, 3501 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, URBN Center, Room 141 on the first floor
Transportation: Street parking on Market St., 36th St., and Filbert St. or parking garage on the SE corner of 34th and Market. This location is also convenient to public transportation with the Market-Frankford subway stop at 34th and Market and the Subway Surface (Trolley) stop at 33rd and Market.
The Asian Mosaic Fund Giving Circle is a diverse group of multi-generational donors committed to advancing the well being of the Greater Philadelphia Asian community. Workshop attendees will learn about the AMF Giving Circle's upcoming 2012 grantmaking objectives, proposal timeline and process, and useful grantwriting tips and resources that can be applied to other grantwriting endeavors. Topics include:
- Grantmaker 101: a brief introduction to the various types of grantmakers - who they are and what makes them special
- Prospect Research: how to match your organization's needs to funding opportunities currently available
- The Grantmaking Toolkit: what do you need to have within your organization that will prepare you for your grantseeking journey
- Grantwriting Techniques: the essential elements of the grant proposal
- Sustainability Skills: building a relationship with your Giving Circle for continued funding to move your mission forward
For 2013, the AMF will award infrastructure development grants of $3,000 - $5,000 to organizations that serve the Philadelphia area Asian community. Priority will be given to organizations with budgets of $500,000 or less.
Space is limited and registration is first-come-first-serve. Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org by July 2, 2013 and include the following information: Name, Organization, Position held at organization, Phone#, and E-mail address.